Sunday 25 May 2008

............ now the big one ~ CHINA!




... and now the big one ~ CHINA
Never did I think I would ever visit the one country in this world that has fascinated me since I was a small boy ~ CHINA. Having made friends with a student from Wuhan over the internet and helping him with an architectural research project into Gothic Architecture, I found myself propelled into planning a 'solo' visit to China. I have booked all hotels and internal flights direct, and what makes it even more exciting is that Chenjie (my student friend) is going to act as my guide and interpreter for 23 days. He is meeting me off the plane at Wuhan on 8 July and then after four nights there, we start our travels, first by overnight train to Chengdu ~ some 1300km to the west. After two nights there we go on a 'private' tour to Jiuzhaigou and stay in that area for three nights, returning to Chengdu on 18 July for a further four nights. On 22 July we fly from Chengdu to Xi'an the 'home' of the Terracotta Warriors. We stay in Xi'an until the morning of the 26 July when we take a return flight to Wuhan. We stay there until 30 July when I board a plane for Beijing and then back to UK. During my last days in Wuhan I will be meeting some of Chenjie's friends, one of whom, Luo Siwei, has painted me some pictures ~ his pictures can be seen on my photo album site:~

Photos of the China visit will appear soon after I get back. The photo is of the Wenjun Mansion Hotel in Chengdu.

No comments: