Sunday 25 May 2008

LONDON & KILKENNY, IRELAND



Tomorrow London & a Short visit to Ireland in May
Tomorrow, 17 April, I am travelling to London by train to take my application for a visa to the Chinese Embassy. I am taking the opportunity of visiting several museums as it is several years since I visited London. If all is OK, I will pick the Visa up within a few hours on Friday. I also hope to meet up with some friends for a meal and a drink, but that remains to be seen. I am returning home again on Monday.The picture is of the new British Library.

It appears that I only go to Ireland when there is a Wedding to attend! Some years ago I was best-man at a Wedding in Mount Mellick, and now on 16 May I fly from East Midlands Airport to Dublin and then go by road south-west to attend the Wedding of my niece in Kilkenny. While there I will take advantage of the four days to explore a country I know nothing about, even though it is so close. I return home again on Tuesday 20 May.

No comments: